






This weekend my roommate had a man friend visiting.. was a hoot and a holler..
Sunday.. today I am up early. Last night there was some commotion outside our window and my roommate came back and said there were large loaves of bread and gourmet baked goods on the street outside! I bundled them up and put them in a bag and today I feed my birds at the beach.. (still unsure how/why they were all outside). The beach go-ers love when I stir up the birds, especially when they are sitting eating their picnic lunches outside...but on a serious note the birds love me..check out this pick of them kissing my feet.
Also, headed down to Hyde Park again for another day of successful work at Starbucks.
Then headed up to campus in the evening to bake lots! We made lemon birthday cupcakes, lemon cupakes/muffins with chocolate chips,and some plain Anzac cookies. Anzac Day is a holiay here (April 25th). Little history for you in regards to the name: http://www.aussieslang.com/features/anzac-biscuits.asp (recipe on the webpage).
And the fourth thing we made was a giant chocolate chip Anzac cookie pie! We cut it in pizza slices and iced every other slice alternating between sugar icing with sprinkles and nutella spread! Delicious.. had to have my desserts with vanilla ice cream on top.
Another update: So now instead of people stealing my chow from my fridge (because I have a mini fridge in my room this is not possible).. they have moved on to my shelf stash in the kitchen. So here is the message I sent out to my house of over 20 people...
"Subject: Suggestion
Hey Myola:
Thanks to the super cool cat who took my raisins off my shelf and ate the entire box, minus 1.
I guess I am thankful that the thief has moved on from my FRESH fruit to my DRIED fruit.
But on a serious note.. if I were you I would have gone for my M&M stash or at least my massive supply of Orbit Gum specially shipped over from the United States.
GoodLuck, because the next time it happens I will personally hold hostage the entire mail supply and tariff each piece that comes to you."
Monday...kicking off the week for another day of volunteering at the children's hospital in the bone unit.
No comments:
Post a Comment